HOME ME RANTS RAVES
 
     
Blogger

Previous Posts


... and the flashes between. thoughts, experiances, and any other stuff i take the time to post.


Thursday, July 15, 2004

Smilefest Excitement

When I was in college I was fond of a quote that I thought I had coined: "Anticipation is 90% of Appreciation" Although some may doubt how true that axiom is, I definitely live up to it from time to time.
The more I plan and think about an event, the better I perceive it when it actually occurs. And that's what makes me excited about this year's Smilefest in 7 days! I've falling into full swing planning mode: schedules for what bands to see, menus on what to eat, layout of the campsite, supplies list. I'm downloading shows from bands that will be playing. I've even made a to-scale model of the tarp cover that we will be using on the tent. I've delegated tasks to Katie and planned for the theme of the campsite. (note, that this isn't totally out of wack because there is a contest on the best campsite decorations going along with a common theme: A 1000 stars.
All of this I enjoy because it gets me more excited to enjoy another time that is to come.
I love anticipation and the fun it brings!

1 Comments:

Blogger nugrass said...

Smilefest is today!!!! I'm as excited as you!

July 22, 2004 at 2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home