HOME ME RANTS RAVES
 
     
Blogger

Previous Posts


... and the flashes between. thoughts, experiances, and any other stuff i take the time to post.


Sunday, August 01, 2004

An Education in Carjackings

Well, by most accounts that I can find on the Internet, I was a classic case of a carjacking. I found a study that was done on carjacking between 1993 and 2002 and on most accounts, I fall into the median of almost all the stats. Except I didn't really fight back or resist and it said that 63% of the people do. Screw that, they can have the car. I'm just glad that I'm not in the 24% of people who are injured as a result of the crime. About 38,000 a year is what they estimate the number of carjackings in the US is. Most of them occur in urban areas. No shit. Only 24% of the cars are recovered undamaged. Looks like I may be going car shopping soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aubrew said...

Dude, did the carjacking happen in charlotte?

August 4, 2004 at 9:19 PM

 
Blogger CoreyPud said...

Yup - right on Central Ave on the way back home from Visulite Theatre

August 5, 2004 at 3:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home